You are here
Singapore Wrap Monday
Today's notable stories
- Singapore Budget Debate: Workforce and enterprise matters in focus
The issues of manpower, Central Provident Fund (CPF) prospects and enterprise dominated Parliament on Monday, as the Ministry of Manpower, Ministry of Trade and Industry and Ministry of Finance held their respective Committee of Supply debates.
Singapore labour market will tighten further: MOM
- SingPost, Trikomsel in e-commerce JV
Singapore Post (SingPost) is teaming up with Indonesian mobile phone retailer Trikomsel to develop an e-commerce business in Indonesia.
- Sibor jumps to 0.836% on US$ strength
The 3-month Sibor or Singapore interbank offered rate jumped to 0.836 per cent on Monday from last Friday on continued US dollar strength.
- SGX opens derivatives office in HK to target Greater China
Singapore Exchange (SGX) has opened a derivatives office in Hong Kong to deepen its presence in the Greater China region, the market operator announced on Monday.
- Developers to launch 100 office units at GSH Plaza
The consortium behind GSH Plaza is launching more than 100 strata titled office units in the 28-storey Central Business District building.
- Singapore: STI ends lower, no surprises as US rate worries take their toll
There were no surprises as the local stock market kicked off the week on a weak note, with the Straits Times Index on Monday dropping 12.94 points to 3,404.57 in response to Wall Street's Friday plunge.