You are here
Singapore Wrap Wednesday
Today's notable stories
- MAS says reviewing statements in research report on Noble
The Monetary Authority of Singapore said it was reviewing a report by Iceberg Research that claimed Asian commodity trading firm Noble Group used aggressive accounting to mislead investors. "MAS will take appropriate action if there are breaches of the SFA," it said in an email to Reuters, referring to the Securities & Futures Act.
- Cambridge Industrial Trust in S$19.9m Jurong property deal with Unicable
Cambridge Industrial Trust (CIT) has entered into a sale-and-purchase agreement with Unicable to acquire a property in Jurong for a total of S$19.9 million.
- Aztech's Q4 profit down nearly 91%
Aztech Group saw its net profit for the three months ended Dec 31, 2014, slump nearly 91 per cent year on year to S$280,000 on the back of higher expenses and lower revenue.
- PM Lee Hsien Loong going home this morning, two days after surgery
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong is going home on Wednesday morning, two days after a surgery to remove his prostate gland.
- Singapore January consumer prices set to fall for third month
Singapore's consumer price index (CPI) probably fell in January from a year earlier for the third straight month, due to lower oil prices and transportation costs, a Reuters poll showed.