You are here
Singapore Wrap Wednesday
Today's notable stories
- Singapore consumer confidence down amid personal finance worries: ANZ survey
Consumer confidence in Singapore fell in February, mainly due to Singaporeans' reduced confidence about their personal finances over the next 12 months.
- Starhub Q4 profit up 10% to S$94.2 million
Starhub posted a 10 per cent jump in fourth quarter net profit to S$94.2 million from S$85.7 million a year ago.
- Takeda consolidates Singapore business with an eye on emerging markets
Japanese drugmaker Takeda Pharmaceutical has consolidated and streamlined its Singapore operations in a move that signals its greater concentration on emerging markets - a key pillar of its long-term strategy.
- Sheng Siong Q4 net profit up 26.5% to S$11.8m
Higher operating profit margins led to grocery chain Sheng Siong reporting a net profit of S$11.8 million for its fourth quarter ended December 31, 2014, up 26.5 per cent from S$9.3 million a year ago.
- Singtel cyber security centre launched
Singapore Telecommunication (Singtel) moved closer to becoming a major regional cyber security provider by formally launching its Advanced Security Operations Centre (ASOC) in Singapore.
- Singapore: Stocks close marginally higher on optimism US rates won't be raised soon
The Straits Times Index on Wednesday rose 3.22 to 3,440.83 and the entire market recorded 240 rises against 193 falls in response to all-time highs recorded by Wall Street's major indices overnight.