Subscribers

T-Mobile, Iliad deal unravels

Iliad SA is the third suitor to scrap takeover offer; T-Mobile CEO John Legere not perturbed

New York

THE PRESSURE is on Mr John Legere to keep T-Mobile US on the comeback trail after a third suitor walked away in as many years.

Iliad SA on Monday scrapped its offer to buy a majority stake in T-Mobile, joining Sprint Corp and AT&T Inc in failing to secure a takeover of the smallest of the four major US wireless carriers. Board members of Deutsche Telekom AG, which owns two-thirds of T-Mobile, have been split over whether the German carrier should sell its only growing asset, people familiar with the matter said last month.

That's just fine with chief executive officer Mr Legere, if his recent comments are any guide. In a profanity-laced tirade earlier this month, Mr Legere said he was "sick...

BT is now on Telegram!

For daily updates on weekdays and specially selected content for the weekend. Subscribe to t.me/BizTimes