Britain’s Rightmove rejects REA’s sweetened £6.1 billion takeover offer
AUSTRALIAN property listing firm REA Group said on Monday that Britain’s largest real estate portal Rightmove had rejected its sweetened £6.1 billion (S$10.5 billion) cash-and-stock takeover offer.
Under the new proposal, REA offered to pay a total of 749 pence per Rightmove share, higher than the earlier offer of 705 pence apiece.
REA, which is majority-owned by Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp, said Rightmove continued to characterise the offer as fundamentally undervaluing the company.
The sweetened deal comes after Rightmove rejected REA’s initial £5.6 billion buyout offer earlier this month, citing the same reason. REUTERS
Decoding Asia newsletter: your guide to navigating Asia in a new global order. Sign up here to get Decoding Asia newsletter. Delivered to your inbox. Free.
Share with us your feedback on BT's products and services
TRENDING NOW
Yeo’s, Tiger Beer and now Gardenia – flight of food manufacturing from Singapore might be just as planned
Xi Jinping has just rewritten the rules of US-China rivalry
Brewing success: How three brothers turned Brewerkz Group’s fortunes around
‘Even a CEO’s job can be replaced by AI’: DBS CEO Tan Su Shan bets big on agentic AI