You are here
First batch of smart HDB homes to be launched for sale this week
THE first smart HDB homes, Northshore Residences I and II, will be launched in this month's build-to-order (BTO) exercise.
Both projects will comprise 1,402 units across 12 blocks, with 546 units of two-room, 112 units of three-room, 519 units of four-room and 225 units of five-room flats. They are expected to be completed in Q2 2020.
HDB on Monday gave updates on the kinds of smart technologies Punggol Northshore, where both developments are situated, will serve as a test-bed for. These include:
- environmental modelling of microclimatic conditions (studies on wind flow, temperature, solar irradiance, and shadow casting to help decision-making during the planning and design process)
- smart car park management system (which monitors parking demand from residents and visitors)
- smart fans in the neighbourhood centre (adjusted in response to the wind speed, temperature, and human traffic
- smart pneumatic waste conveyance system (monitors waste disposal and recycling patterns and volumes)
- smart lighting in common areas (sensor-controlled and equipped with predictive data analytics tools to understand human traffic patterns)
- smart irrigation (uses moisture sensors and considers factors that may affect the amount of water retained in the soil)
- smart-enabled homes (equipped with additional infrastructure to support the easy installation of smart systems within the flat)
The flats in Punggol Northshore will be part of the 4,040 BTO flats to be launched later this week, alongside other flats in Clementi, Sembawang and Tampines.
Another 5,000 flats will also be offered in a concurrent sale of balance flats (SBF) exercise, HDB said.