Prive group put up for sale more than a year before closure; no takers in tough market
The F&B group tried all options to stay in business to no avail, says group chairman Yuan Oeij
THE Prive group, which suddenly announced the closure of all its restaurants on Monday (Sep 1), had been on the market for over a year but failed to find any takers in a troubled F&B industry.
Group chairman Yuan Oeij said: “We (did) our best to ensure the continuity of our business and speak with interested parties – whether investors or partners – to explore different options.
“However, given the extremely tough climate for the F&B industry, everyone has been taking a very cautious stance.”
TRENDING NOW
When every phone becomes a satellite phone, what happens to Asia’s telcos?
Koh Brothers Eco Engineering faces up to S$57.6 million in potential liabilities from legal disputes
Too little, too late? Manila’s billion-dollar bid to ignite its sputtering EV industry
DayOne secures S$530 million green loan from DBS, OCBC and UOB for Singapore data centre