Subscribers

30% of Smart Nation project to involve local innovation

This is likely to create world-class players in the smart cities market; IDA starts industry roundtables on the project

Singapore

A BURST of local innovation, in terms of products and services, is expected as the push to make Singapore the world's first Smart Nation gathers pace.

The Business Times understands from industry sources that while the underlying building blocks for the project - the network, sensors and software that links up everything - will be the best-of-breed solutions available in the market, Singapore will depend on local innovation when it comes to the services that will be offered to residents as part of the Smart Nation Project (SNP).

The building blocks, or infrastructure, are expected to account for around 70 per cent of the SNP. The remaining 30 per cent is where local companies will have...

KEYWORDS IN THIS ARTICLE

BT is now on Telegram!

For daily updates on weekdays and specially selected content for the weekend. Subscribe to t.me/BizTimes