You are here
A*Star unveils joint research initiatives to feed Singapore's smart-nation vision
A*STAR on Thursday unveiled a number of research collaborations that will contribute towards Singapore's vision of becoming a "smart" nation.
* A research pact between A*Star and the Infocomm Development Authority (IDA) to build and develop innovative technologies in data analytics, cyber security and Heterogeneous Networks (HetNet);
* An advanced security and forensics lab to be set up by the Institute for Infocomm Research and ST Electronics (Info-Security) to develop advanced security and forensics solutions to enhance the infocomm structure in Singapore;
* A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) among the Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore Power and Narada to develop energy storage systems for solar-generated power, which will power HDB residences or supply electricity back to the grid;
* A joint laboratory to be established by the Institute for Infocomm Research, Continental and TUM CREATE to research into and test-bed a range of communications, information and automative innovations that improve the safety, efficiency and performance of transport systems in Singapore; and
* An Urban Mobility Research Centre launched by A*Star, which will bring together its multi-disciplinary research in urban mobile technologies for its Intelligent Transport Systems and Autonomous Vehicle programme, conceived to enhance the commuting experience for urban travellers.
These initiatives were unveiled at ICM Horizons 2014, an annual infocomm technology event hosted by A*Star's Institute for Infocomm Research. This year's event is themed "Innovating for a Smart Nation". The event is co-organised with the IDA.