You are here

Daily Debrief: What Happened Today

file7bc4wki671zcazlnbrq.jpg
In his speech, Mr Tharman outlined the PAP's strategies for creating a more inclusive society for children, working adults and seniors.

Stories you might have missed

PAP has significantly stepped up strategies for inclusivity: Tharman

SOCIAL mobility starts from the younger years, and the government is raising the quality at every stage of a kid's life, starting even before preschool, he highlighted.


Singapore banks' weakening operating environment pressures ratings: Fitch Ratings

FITCH Ratings aims to review and resolve a rating watch negative (RWN) placed on DBS, OCBC and United Overseas Bank "in the next three months or so", the credit ratings agency said in a report on Tuesday.


Roxy-Pacific, Teo Tong Lim's family office to buy Melbourne tower for A$145m

ROXY-PACIFIC on Tuesday announced it had invested in a 40 per cent stake in Singapore master trust TE-Roxy Commercial Trust I at a committed capital of A$27 million, which will be financed by internal funds while the other 60 per cent interest in TE-Roxy is held by Mr Teo's family office, TE2 Group.


AGV Group rights issue 53.4% subscribed, raises net proceeds of S$5.1m

IN a bourse filing on Tuesday, AGV Group said it received valid acceptances for 209.7 million rights shares, and valid excess applications for 286.8 million rights shares.


AIA Singapore announces leadership changes

INSURER AIA Singapore has appointed a new chief distribution officer, a chief customer and digital officer, as well as a chief operations officer (COO), effective immediately. 


384 dormitories declared cleared of Covid-19 virus: MOM

WITH the latest numbers, 625 dormitories and 44 blocks for recovered workers in 17 PBDs have been cleared of the Covid-19 virus.


The STI today

Singapore shares close 1% lower

SINGAPORE shares closed lower on Tuesday, snapping a five-day winning streak with the key Straits Times Index losing 28.19 points or 1.05 per cent to finish at 2,661.42.
 

BT is now on Telegram!

For daily updates on weekdays and specially selected content for the weekend. Subscribe to t.me/BizTimes