Stories you might have missed
OVERALL services' business receipts were 4.1 per cent higher than the same period the year before, but eased from the third-quarter revenue growth, which was revised downwards to 7.2 per cent.
THIS comes after Singapore reported its slowest year-on-year economic growth in the fourth quarter, its biggest fall in exports and the biggest fall in factory output in more than two years.
THE digital services arm of Malaysia's Axiata Group has signed on to Mainboard-listed telco Singtel's plans for a cross-border electronic payments network, in a tie-up announced on Wednesday.
NTUC said that as the global and local economy moves into Industry 4.0 (also known as the fourth industrial revolution), the food and beverage (F&B) industry in Singapore will likewise be disrupted by new technologies and trends.
MR LEE, MOM's deputy secretary since 2010, had previously held various appointments in the Ministry of Health as well as the Ministry of Trade and Industry.
- Golden Agri back in the black in Q4 with US$79.3m profit on fair value gains
- OUE fiscal 2018 earnings tumble 89.4% to S$10m
- Nam Cheong swings to RM6.3m Q4 profit from RM899m loss on waiver of debts
- CNMC Goldmine profit down 2.5% for Q4
- Cromwell E-Reit posts 13-month DPU below forecast at 4.1 euro cents
The STI today
AFTER starting Wednesday's trading session in the black, the Singapore market swung into the red on escalating geopolitical tensions after Pakistan said it had shot down two Indian jets in its territory.