You are here
Daily Debrief: What Happened Today
Stories you might have missed
THE government has yet to decide on the exact timing of the planned Goods and Services Tax (GST) hike by two percentage points to 9 per cent, and it will exercise care in doing so, Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat said on Thursday.
THE number of deals in Singapore rose 16 per cent to 71 in 2018 from 61 in 2017, according to Accenture, which defined fintech companies as those that offer technologies for banking and corporate finance, capital markets, financial data analytics, insurance, payments and personal financial management.
FCT's wholly owned subsidiary, FCT Holdings (Sigma), has entered into 12 agreements with certain shareholders of the fund to purchase 90,346 shares, representing a 17.1312 per cent stake in the fund, said FCT's trust manager in a regulatory filing on Thursday.
THE site has a permissible gross floor area (GFA) of 57,900 square metres (sq m) on 16,542.7 sq m of land, which works out to a gross plot ratio of about 3.5 times.
THE Digital Accelerator Programme (DAP) will allow fintech startups to work with professional mentors and develop solutions that can be rapidly commercialised.
- Banyan Tree Q4 profit grows 44% on property sales, one-offs; to pay out 1.05 S cent/share
- Olam performed 'below expectations' in 2018 amid tough market, says CEO
- Hong Leong Finance full-year profit up 38.1% to S$118.3m on higher net interest income
- Indofood Agri Resources sinks into the red with Q4 loss of 211.7b rupiah
- Moya back in the black with S$2.3m Q4 earnings
- MindChamps Q4 profit rises 67%
- Amara Holdings posts 35% jump in FY2018 profit
- Geo Energy swings into Q4 loss of US$5m, proposes dividend
The STI today
THESE factors lent their hand in the Straits Times Index dropping 37.33 points or 1.2 per cent to 3,212.69.